Review: Lily's Kitchen Advent Calendar For Dogs


It's December; the lead up to Christmas has begun, the decorations are up and the advent calendars have been propped up in the kitchen for us all to come down and open each morning. Although I am not a big fan of chocolate, I do love opening the little doors and feeling just that bit more festive each time. 
I think I was watching one of Zoella's vlogmas videos a few years ago and she brought out one of these advent calendars for her dog Nala and I thought it would be a lovely thing for Sammy to have as she has always been a big part of the family. So this has been her Christmas present from me ever since haha. She loves when we all pick up our calendars because she knows she is going to get something and although she may not understand why the treats are hidden behind tiny doors, I love how excited she gets and I can see the anticipation on her face as I am trying to get the them out. 
This is going to be a bit of an odd review considering I cannot vouch for the taste or quality of the biscuits, but I will do my best haha. 


I hadn't heard of Lily's Kitchen before buying these calendars because Sammy's stomach is not very good with change so we have stuck to biscuits, slices of bread here and there and treats such as dentastix; nothing too extravagant otherwise things just don't go very well in the toilet department. So I must say, I was a bit worried about trying these at first and did a lot of research about the ingredients and if they are natural etc, and it all looked good! 
The calendar resembles that of a traditional chocolate one, however instead of the foil coating behind the doors, the treats are sealed behind a plastic-type material that you need to pierce. This is easy to do with your finger and I suppose is there to keep the biscuits from going soft. The calendar itself is good quality and made to keep the treats fresh throughout the whole of advent which is exactly what you want. 

There are three types of treats that are in there so it does mix things up which is nice. The information is all shown on the back of the calendar which is useful if your dog needs a certain diet. The treats included are Rise & Shines, Training Treats and Bedtime Biscuits.

Rise & Shines
These are flower-shaped treats made with beef liver, fresh carrots, blackstrap molasses and alfalfa (goodness knows what some of that is but Sammy seems to love them haha). These are to help keep your dog's coat shiny and there are 2 of these included behind the door. 

Training Treats
These are smaller and in the shape of little bones. They are made with organic apples and farmhouse cheddar which helps to keep your dog's attention. You get 3 of these behind the door. 

Bedtime Biscuits
These are oval shaped biscuits made with honey, yoghurt, chamomile and passion flowers which helps to soothe your dog. You get 1 of these behind the door. 


As I said, I cannot comment on the taste of these biscuits as I am not really up for trying them and I don't think Sammy would forgive me haha. But for a dog that has such a sensitive stomach, I can safely say that these biscuits have not caused any issues over the three years that I have been buying them so they are perfect! I also love the thought that has gone into this. From the hand drawn design to the quality of the doors and treats themselves. 

Their website explains how Lily's Kitchen first came about and what it is inspired by. If you are interested then check out this link: Lily's Kitchen Website. They believe in producing proper food for pets, without adding any other ingredients that normally gets included. 
So, I would definitely recommend these advent calendars for your dogs if you want to give them a little something over the festive period. I got mine for £10.00 from their website plus a little for delivery, but I believe they have been reduced now since advent has started. 


xx
Share:

2 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, I have never seen an Advent calendar for dogs before! This is such a cute idea!!! Unfortunately, my dog recently had to be put down, but she would have definitely loved this <3 Thanks for sharing - your blog is adorable!!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they are lovely aren't they :') Aww no, so sorry to hear that....hope you are okay and thank you :) x

      Delete

© PaulaMarie | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig