Review: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel


I am not the best when it comes to keeping up with a good skincare routine but when I do, I know what products I like and what products get along with my skin so I don't tend to try anything new just in case it makes me break out. That being said, I was shopping in Superdrug a little while ago and some of the Neutrogena skincare products had been reduced by quite a bit so I picked up the gelee milk and this hydro boost water gel. Since I have been using it for a little while now, I thought I would share my thoughts on it!
Let's start with the packaging. It is quite a small jar compared to some other moisturisers but I love the combination of the light blue and white as it goes well with the fact that it is a water gel and it is simple but effective. The jar feels very well made as a whole and I think the fact that it is a jar suits the type of product inside. 



Having a look inside the jar I thought that they didn't really give a lot of product so I thought that it wasn't going to last very long, however the fact that you only need to use a little bit to cover your whole face soon proved to me that this amount of product would do me just fine. I would describe the texture as a thin gel as it doesn't have the consistency of a cream but it is nothing like the thickness of hair gel so I would say it literally feels like thick water. 
I mainly apply this after cleansing my face and in the morning before applying my makeup. I do this now especially as my skin has become a lot more dry as we have headed into the winter months. Just for reference, I have combination skin with my main oily areas being on my nose and between my eyebrows. 
When I first applied this I was amazed at how quickly it soaked into my skin. That doesn't mean that it didn't do it's job as my skin felt hydrated, fresh, smooth and it lasted all day! It didn't interfere with any part of my skin either which meant that I didn't become more oily and I didn't wake up with loads of spots which is what I was afraid of. I have continued using it and have noticed that my skin is a lot less dry, my makeup applies so much better and my face doesn't feel like it has been layered with loads of product which is how I have felt after using a few other moisturisers. 



This product doesn't feel harsh either. With some products I can feel it working its way into my skin but when I apply this it feels as natural as splashing cool water on your face. I don't think I have tried a better moisturiser yet! 
There is a fragrance to it which I thought I would just mention. I don't really mind fragrances or anything like that but I know a lot of people don't like it so if you are particularly sensitive to scents in your products then I would be mindful if you want to give this a go. The scent goes away shortly after application. 
So, I would definitely recommend this moisturiser to anyone wanting to try something new. If you do go for it then start off by using a very small amount as a little goes a very long way. If you have very dry skin then you can always add more but to start off i would only use a few small dots over your face. This product is lightweight, has a nice consistency and it really does make my skin feel hydrated and healthy. It is currently selling for £6.49 (half price offer) in Boots.

xx
Share:

8 comments

  1. The price point for this moisturiser sounds so reasonable for how it performs; thanks for the in depth review! Have a fabulous week babe :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's what i thought! Thank you for reading :) you too! x

      Delete
  2. I have combination skin so this sounds like it could be a good one for me to try! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try it. The last jar of moisturiser I purchased (it looked to be about the same size) cost close to five times as much.

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Hopefully it was worth it. Yeah I definitely recommend you give it a try :) x

      Delete
  4. I really like this one too - so fresh and lightweight on the skin!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete

© PaulaMarie | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig