It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Fresh, crisp air, the crackling of fires and the leaves turning brilliant shades of red, orange and yellow. Autumn is the start of my favourite time of the year. I love the cosiness of it and the idea of curling up under the duvet with a mug of hot chocolate to watch a movie. It is also is a time for celebrations and bringing everyone together which I love. As soon as October comes and you start hearing the light crunch of leaves as you walk over them, I instantly become excited for what the following few months are going to bring. 

The best things about Autumn and Winter are digging out all of your cosy jumpers and wooly socks, roasting marshmallows over the fire, enjoying loads of food and drink, watching TV and movies all day long and of course, all of the celebrations! 
First, it's Halloween. Although I don't go trick or treating anymore, I love to look for new scary make-up ideas, get dressed up, go to parties, carve pumpkins and of course enjoy a Pumpkin Spiced Latte or two (or ten haha). I already have loads of ideas saved on my Pinterest of decoration and party ideas for when I move out. 
Next, it's bonfire night. I always get tickets to one of the displays in my area because I love watching the fire being lit and feeling the warmth of it and enjoying the atmosphere. I also love watching the fireworks display; my camera in one hand and a burger in the other. Seeing how they time the fireworks to the music is definitely one of the highlights haha. Sometimes there are amusements there too such as fairground rides and games which is a nice touch and to be honest it is one of those days that I look forward to year after year. And let's not forget the warm doughnuts! 

Then the Christmas season begins! I love the build up to it; the adverts start creeping in, then you start hearing festive songs on the radio and in shops, the lights go up, Christmas trees go on sale, the festive coffees make a comeback and the cheese melt dippers are back in McDonalds. 
Christmas day is definitely my favourite of the whole year. In our house we all gather around the tree in the morning to open presents. I enjoy this the most because I put a lot of effort into choosing presents that I know people will love and get a lot of use out of and if they don't know it is coming then it is even better because you get to see their face light up. We eat a lot of food throughout the whole day, listen to Christmas music and play games. It is a day full of smiles and laughter and it's just a lot of fun. 
I also enjoy going to Christmas Markets. Everything about them just makes me feel genuinely happy and nostalgic and warm inside. I normally go to the one at Southbank as I like to enjoy a warm mug of Rekorderlig cider in the lodge before wandering around the various stalls, looking for little homemade gifts and trying the different types of food on offer. 

Winter is also the time for snow. Although I hate driving in it, waking up and seeing a fresh layer of snow in the garden instantly puts a smile on my face. I prefer the cold weather to the hot so it doesn't really affect me and I love watching Sammy pounce around trying to catch snowballs in her mouth. There is just something peaceful and magical about it. 
Lastly, it's New Years. Time to dress up in glitz and glam and get together with friends and family to party the night away. Well, that's how I like to do it anyway. It's my way of celebrating the year and enjoying the festivities one last time before everything get's put away and goes back to normal. 

So, that is what makes October to December my favourite time of the year. I am glad that I still have the best part to look forward to and I'm quite proud of myself because I have already sorted everyone's presents! This year I am determined to try Eggnog but at the moment I am obsessed with the Hazelnut Praline & Cream Latte from Costa haha. 

Now I am going to go and finish making the Christmas cake with my mum and enjoy some mince pies! 

xx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© PaulaMarie | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig