Battle Of The Concealers


Having the right concealer is quite important for me because it has to blend well with my foundation, not look too cakey and be able to cover up dark circles and spots etc to the point where no-one will know they are there. Having said that, I also don't really like to splurge too much on concealer as I only use it for a tiny area of my face, which is why I have probably tried most, if not all of the drugstore concealers out there. So today I thought I would do a mini review of a few that I have tried and then pick my favourite! 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - 010 Ivory

This was probably the first concealer that I bought when I started to get into wearing makeup properly. It was my go-to for a long time and I still stand by it as being one of the best drugstore concealers out there. I got the shade 'Ivory' as my skin is very pale so I need the lightest shade for it to have the desired effect. The texture is quite creamy and thicker than most others which does mean that it takes a bit more effort to blend, but does not look cakey which is good. The coverage is probably medium but it is buildable to a certain extent if you wanted to fully cover up something. I find that it immediately brightens up my eyes and makes me look more awake which is perfect when I am getting up at 6am for work haha. The only thing I would say is that they need to do an even lighter shade as I think even Ivory is a bit too dark for my skin tone and a lighter one would help eliminate my dark circles even more. I tend to apply a few strokes under my eyes and blend it in with a sponge and it typically lasts a month or two using it every day which I think is good value for money! Currently selling for around £6.49.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Fair 1


I decided to try this because I saw a lot of bloggers and youtubers raving about it a few years ago and I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about and boy, was it worth it! This concealer is light, smooth and easy to apply and blend. I like the shade as it is brightening and doesn't have any yellow or pink tones so it really does make your dark circles disappear. Although it is a much lighter shade then the Rimmel one, it is still easy to blend with your foundation and doesn't look cakey or anything which is great! I also find that this one lasts really well and doesn't crease. It has a matte finish and even works well with my combination/oily skin which is a big plus. Again, this concealer lasts for at least a month using it every day and I think they have brought out an even lighter shade now so I may see if that one is better! The only issue with this product is the ink on the packaging rubs off really easily and you sometimes find it on your hands but that is only a tiny design flaw. Currently selling for around £4.19.

Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer - T01 Light

I really like the packaging for this concealer. I find it so cute but also a lot more sophisticated and different to the typical drugstore concealer design. I wore this every day for over a year and I still love it. The creamy texture is so easy to apply and blend and mixes in with my foundation perfectly. It makes me look awake and blemish free instantly and stays put for the whole day! The shade is probably around the same as the collection concealer as it is light and doesn't look yellow when I apply it which means that it really illuminates my skin and just brings out my eyes a lot more. It doesn't look cakey but I would say that after the 8 hour mark it does start to crease a bit which is annoying. But, perhaps baking it would help that issue; I haven't tried that yet, as it could keep it place for that extra few hours. I'd say that the coverage is medium again but with foundation and powder as well, it does the job perfectly fine. Although this one looks smaller than the others, it still lasts roughly the same amount of time so don't be fooled by that. Currently selling for around £7.99.

So, all three of these have their pros and cons and whilst I love and use them all, I would have to say that the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer is my favourite. It has the best shade, lasts really well, has all of the good points of the others but is almost half of the price! I am not saying that this one wins because it is £4, I am saying that they all have very similar qualities so the fact this one does the same job but is a fraction of the price and has the best shade for my skin gives it the top spot. 
If you have tried any of these, let me know what you think or which one is your favourite! 

xx
Share:

2 comments

  1. I love the Collection concealer. the Bourjois concealer sounds really good!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same, it's definitely my go-to and yeah I definitely recommend the Bourgeois one! x

      Delete

© PaulaMarie | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig