Review: L'Oreal Elvive No Haircut Cream


I have been trying and loving so many new products lately so I am definitely going to be doing a few reviews! When I saw the L'Oreal Elvive No Haircut Cream hit the shelves in Superdrug I was instantly attracted to it because I have such long and thick hair so obviously split ends are a bit of an issue for me. I was a bit worried about whether it was too good to be true but I still wanted to be optimistic and give it a go, so I picked one up. 

Let's talk about the packaging. Isn't it beautiful? I think that the coral and orange colours really stand out in a fun, summery, playful kind of way which is great for appealing to people in these humid Summer months when your hair is starting to get a bit dry and damaged. It is also an unusual little bottle but I think it goes together quite well. There is no lid or flip top etc; but more of a water bottle type design with a pull-to-open top. 
I use this after I have washed my hair and before drying it as this is the point where I start to use heat and potentially start to damage my hair by yanking at it with a hair brush and frying it with straighteners. I tend to apply a generous amount into my palm and then evenly coat my lengths and ends as this is the hair that has been around a while so has been more open to damage. The product smells amazing and gives your hair a natural, floral scent that lasts until you next wash it. 
Now I'm not saying that this product is a miracle worker and cures all of your split ends so that you don't ever have to cut your hair again; it's good but not that good haha. But I have noticed a huge difference in regards to the amount of split ends and the overall strength of my hair. I have such thick hair which means that to keep it free of knots I would need to brush it like 1000 times a day and nobody has time for that! So you can probably tell that when I need to brush it in the morning after a nights sleep, it is a bit of a battle so my ends do tend to get damaged. However since using this serum, I have noticed that the knots seem to come out easier, my ends feel softer and less damaged and there are visibly fewer splits! 


Don't expect it to start working overnight as with any product it will take a little while before you are able to see any difference and if you have really badly damaged hair already then it may mean that you need to get it cut and start fresh, but after a few months you will start to see a difference, as I did. So overall, I would definitely recommend it as it just means that I don't have to spend £40 on a haircut as often which is great haha. It is currently selling for £5.99 in Superdrug which is a good price as it has lasted me quite a few months already and I still have just under half a bottle left. 
As I said before, it won't get rid of all of your split ends, but it will make your hair stronger so that you don't get as many and it will improve the look and feel of your hair as well. I personally love it and encourage anyone with long, thick hair like me to give it a go! 

xx
Share:

2 comments

  1. This product seems awesome! I totally want to try it out because I, too, have very thick hair that is prone to split ends. Such a great review - thank you for sharing!
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go for it! It has helped my hair so much since I started using it :) thank you! x

      Delete

© PaulaMarie | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig