My Travel Bucket List


I absolutely love travelling. I love going on holiday and being somewhere new and exciting; discovering new foods, activities and photo opportunities. There is something special about being in another country and getting to escape from everything for a little while. Another thing that I love is making lists haha. So, I thought that I would make a list of all the places that I would like to visit in my lifetime and why! 
I am lucky enough to have travelled to a few different places already so if there are countries that aren't on this list then either I have been there already or I don't know about them haha. Of course I would love to be able to go everywhere around the world before I die, but this list includes the ones that I absolutely must visit, hence why this is my travel bucket list. 

  • French Polynesia 
More specifically Bora Bora and Tahiti. These islands look absolutely beautiful with clear blue seas, bright sunshine and white sandy beaches. What drew me to them initially was the fact that you can stay in little huts that go out to sea. How amazing would it be to wake up every morning and be surrounded by the ocean? Definitely a few good photo opportunities there haha. 
  • Iceland
I would love to see the Northern Lights. I am fascinated by nature and the things that it can do and create and when I see it on TV or in photos it just looks beautiful! I would also love to see a geyser. Another wonder by nature. 
  • Egypt
There are so many things to do in Egypt but I would definitely love to see the Pyramids and the Sphinx. There is so much history there and I am a sucker for learning all about it! I would also love to ride a camel and enjoy the sunshine.
  • Jamaica
Although it is extremely hot here and I'm not too sure how I would be able to survive in it, I have always wanted to explore the Caribbean and Jamaica is definitely one of the main places for me. I have also heard that some of their hotel resorts are all inclusive (the proper kind haha) so I would be looking forward to chilling out and enjoying the food. 
  • Mexico
I really want to go to Mexico to celebrate the Day of the Dead. It looks like a really fun celebration and I would just love to experience it. 
  • USA
I want to hire an RV and travel around the different states for 3-4 weeks so that I can see everything. I think it sounds like such an interesting, fun and cheaper way to explore America since there is so much there. The main things that I want to do/see is: go to New York for Christmas, visit L.A, visit Las Vegas, go to Florida to visit Disneyland and Universal Studios etc, see the Grand Canyon, see Mount Rushmore and see the Lincoln Memorial. See, there is so much to do so a road trip would definitely help to tick a few of these things off at least! 
  • Australia
Another holiday destination that would need a few weeks at least to be able to see and do everything haha. I really want to see Koalas and Kangaroos because they are so cute! I also want to visit Sydney Opera House and swim in the Great Barrier Reef. I have never been snorkelling but I would definitely love to here. 
  • Lanzarote
I have been to a few of the Canary Islands and I absolutely love Gran Canaria so Lanzarote is one that I want to go to as I know a lot of people who love it. I think I went with my parents when I was very young but I don't remember it so I would love to explore the island, go on some tours and chill out on the beaches!
  • Thailand
There is so much to do here as well! I would love to take part in a tiger experience because I have a friend who was able to go in with a tiger and pet her; that would literally be a dream for me! I also want to visit the Phi Phi Islands, Bangkok and go to Koh Phangan for the full moon party. 
  • Canada
Niagara Falls is what drew me to Canada. I have never seen a proper waterfall so this would be a great place to start! 
  • China
The Great Wall of China is another piece of history that I have heard a lot about so would love to see it in real life. I am also a sucker for Chinese food and would love to try a few more popular dishes out there. I would also visit Beijing and Shanghai.
  • Japan
Another country with a lot of culture and history; Japan is definitely up there in my list of places I have to visit in my lifetime. I specifically want to visit Tokyo and would like to visit during the Cherry Blossom season. These trees are so pretty so seeing them all in bloom would be amazing. 
  • Italy
There is so much I would want to do in Italy too! I would love to go on a romantic gondola ride in Venice, see the Leaning Tower of Pisa, visit Rome, see the Colosseum and I would also love to visit Pompeii.  
  • Poland
If I'm honest there isn't a specific reason for why I want to go here, other than the fact that I have always heard great things from my friends and colleagues who have gone. It has been on my list as just one of the main places that I would like to visit someday.
  • New Zealand
I love the New Zealand accent! But I would love to visit to do a lot of sightseeing as there are loads of places to visit and the views look breathtaking, plus I would like to go on a tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set. 
  • St Lucia
I remember learning about St Lucia in primary school haha. It looks like such a beautiful place and one that I don't really hear of a lot. I would love to travel here to go on tours, try the food and relax in the sun. 
  • The Philippines
Another place with a lot of culture so definitely a place that I want to experience! The weather is also lovely and the landscapes look amazing.
  • India
I have always been fascinated by the culture; the use of colour and music. I really want to visit India to experience the lifestyle, food and visit the Taj Mahal. 
  • Mykonos
Mykonos looks like such a peaceful, beautiful place to go on holiday. Typical Greek blue and white buildings, blue oceans and sunshine. Absolute bliss. 
  • Germany
I think I missed an opportunity to go to Germany on a school trip because I gave up German and stuck with Spanish. But I would love to visit here perhaps as a city break to explore the country. I would particularly like to visit Berlin and would love to go during Oktoberfest as it looks like so much fun and would definitely create some memories. 
  • France
I have been here a couple of times with school and other trips, but never for myself so I never really got the chance to explore and do the things that I wanted to do. I would love to visit the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and just wonder around Paris - the city of love - and eat croissants on the terrace whilst watching the world go by. 
  • Ireland
I have been going to Ireland basically my whole life because my Dad is Irish so most of my family live over there. But isn't it crazy to say that I haven't really seen much of the country? Well it's true because we normally go there to see our family and spend time with them as we don't really get to see them much. So I would love to go there for a long weekend or something and explore because it is a big part of who I am and I would love to know more about it. There are so many things to see there so I would definitely love to visit Dublin, Galway, see the Giant's Causeway and visit Belfast to go to the Titanic museum. 

  • Cumberland Island, Georgia
Georgia is probably the least popular holiday destination that I have said so far, but Cumberland Island has the most beautiful parks and scenery so I would love to visit there and get a few nice photos haha.
  • Spain
I have been to so many Spanish Islands, but not actually to Spain. I mean I have passed through Madrid when catching a connecting flight but that is about it. So I would love to go there mainly because I love Spanish culture; I love the language, cuisine, music and the weather is a definite plus haha.
  • Portugal
This is a popular holiday destination for the people that I know and they all love it there and keep going back so I want to go there to see what everyone love about it.
  • Cuba
Cuba looks like one of those places that is full of hidden gems and would be a place that you would fall in love with after the first day. I would love to visit Havana just because the photos of it have made me so intrigued. It just looks like an island that is full of energy and music and fun so I would love to experience that.
  • Barbados
Barbados looks like your ideal tropical paradise. As I said before, I want to explore the Caribbean so Barbados had to feature on this list. The beaches look beautiful, the hotels look amazing and I think that this place would be the home of many memories. 
  • Alaska
This definitely wouldn't be my 2 week summer holiday haha! Perhaps a long weekend or something. I would love to visit Alaska because although it would be very cold I'm sure, after a few layers and a hot chocolate I could go out and breathe the fresh crisp air, see the beautiful views and take photos on snowy slopes with snowy mountains in the background. I would also love to see Polar Bears and other animals in their natural habitat. 
  • Finland
More specifically; Lapland. It is described as the closest thing to a Winter Wonderland that you are going to get. Although it is another cold place, it is another beautiful one with loads to do. I would love to try skiing, see the Midnight Sun, go on a Reindeer or Husky ride and visit Rovaniemi which is literally the home of culture and all things Christmassy, and I absolutely love Christmas. 
  • Switzerland
Yet another snowy destination haha. To be honest I don't mind the cold and the snow can help create the most breathtaking views, and I want to see them. I have been to Switzerland before with the Girl Guides, but that was a long time ago and the trip didn't give me much time or opportunity to explore. So I would love to go again to enjoy fondues, engage in snow sports, ride the Glacier Express and you can also stay overnight in an igloo! How amazing does that sound? 
  • Morocco
This is the home to some beautiful architecture and I love visiting places with this amount of detail and love for art and culture. I think I would most like to visit Marrakesh and Casablanca. 
  • Wales
I remember going to Wales when I was on The Challenge with NCS but we didn't really do much exploring as it was mainly about hiking and camping, so I would love to go there to see what the country has to offer as it is right on my doorstep. I think it would be more of a mini break than a holiday but I would love to visit the castles, national parks and look around Cardiff. 
  • Malta
This is a lovely place to visit for a little getaway. There are loads of excursions and trips that you can go on to get to see the country properly and along with the nice weather, it would be the perfect relaxing trip.
  • South Africa
I absolutely love the South African accent! But the main reason for putting this on my list is because you can stay in a place called Lion Sands Ivory Lodge and Treehouses and you can literally sleep under the stars! Although it is a very expensive trip, it is all inclusive and there are safaris etc included as well so your money goes far. It is one of those once in a lifetime trips and I wouldn't mind saving up to splurge on something so amazing. 
  • Brazil
This is another big holiday destination for me. I would love to go to Rio as it just looks so upbeat and full of entertainment. I would love to go there around the time of Carnival which is just before the start of Lent as it looks like so much fun; full of colour and celebration. I would also like to see Cristo Redentor and the Museum of Contemporary Art whilst I'm there.
  • Dominican Republic
I have heard a lot of good things about the Dominican Republic. I think I would mainly like to stay in Punta Cana and just relax in the sun and enjoy some of the water activities and cuisine. 
  • Hong Kong
A huge, bustling destination with loads to do. Again, it wouldn't be a main 2 week holiday but I would definitely love to explore it and try out new foods and drinks whilst learning more about the culture.
  • Turkey
I would love to explore Istanbul and experience the culture. I would also visit the Lycian Rock Tombs which were built into the side of a mountain and the Pamukkale Water Terraces because they look and sound interesting.There are also many interesting things to see such as Pluto's Gate, Cappadocia and Ani Ghost City. 
  • Santorini
Another beautiful Greek Island. I have added this to my list because I think it would be the perfect relaxing holiday where I can enjoy the food, culture and maybe go on one of the many sailing tours. 
  • Hawaii
This is another tropical paradise with bright blue seas, beautiful weather, and amazing beaches. Hawaii also has amazing views and nature which I would love to see and I want to go to relax, sightsee and try my hand at surfing haha.
  • Fiji
I would love to visit Taveuni as it is a beautiful jungle with loads of photo opportunities and beautiful accommodation. It is the place for relaxing and rejuvenation which sounds good to me! I want to lie in a hammock and drink cocktails whilst listening to the waves.
  • Romania
There are loads of places to explore here and things to see and do. I know a lot of people who have visited Romania and love it there so I want to see it for myself.
  • Dubai
Another big and expensive holiday destination haha. A huge, beautiful city full of things to see and do. I love the use of lights here as it makes for a beautiful photo. I want to go to a theme park, try the cuisine and get lost in the culture of Dubai.
  • Scotland
I have visited Scotland once for a little weekend break but there is so much more that I want to see. I love hearing about old folk tales and myths; they fascinate me, so I definitely want to visit Loch Ness. But I also want to explore Edinburgh fully and visit Edinburgh Castle. 
  • Bali
There are loads of excursions and tours to go on in Bali, and I would love to go on one that takes you to the Monkey Forest. I love getting close to nature and seeing animals in their natural habitat. You can also ride a quad bike and explore which sounds like a lot of fun! Other than that, Bali is another beautiful and serene holiday destination to chill out in.


So, that is my main travel bucket list. It may seem really long but it is only 45 destinations which really should be doable during my lifetime. I mean, there are almost 200 countries in the world now so at least I am being realistic by only having 45 on here haha.....I do think I have planned out my holidays for the rest of my life though, but that isn't exactly a bad thing I suppose. As I said before, I would love to visit everywhere but some of these places are really expensive so I will have to do a lot of saving! I just think that the world has so much to offer and I really want to get the chance to experience it. I cannot wait to get started now as I am already excited after writing this post! 

xx

SaveSave
Share:

4 comments

  1. I would also LOVE to visit Iceland. It looks like such a scenic country, and all the photos I've been seeing on Pinterest just make we wanna visit even more xx

    https://bloominginstyleblog.blogspot.com/2018/07/how-i-style-my-bedside-table.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know same! It's definitely the photos that draw me in haha x

      Delete
  2. Bora Bora and Santorini are definitely on my list as well! Thanks for sharing :)

    xx, Des | https://www.itsbetterinheels.com

    ReplyDelete

© PaulaMarie | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig