Review: Superdrug Vitamin E Body Cream

I feel like I haven't posted a review in ages! I use so many different products on a daily basis and I do love sharing what I think of them. So today I am going to review the Superdrug Vitamin E body cream. 
This is something that I literally use daily because my skin can get so dry in the heat so I need to put the moisture back in. I only decided to try this one at the start of this year as I wasn't really getting along with the lotions that I was using at the time. I find a lot of body moisturisers and creams are really oily and runny and they don't even really have much of an effect on my skin. I also don't really get along with body butters so I wanted something that was in the middle. So when I saw this on the shelf for £1 I just thought, why not? It looked exactly like what I wanted and for the price, I couldn't really go wrong. 
On the actual product it claims to give you 12 hour moisturisation whilst being a non-greasy cream that helps to cure dry skin and shield it against environmental damage and premature skin ageing. I can definitely say that it ticks all of the boxes for me! 
The packaging is simple but I think that it reflects the product perfectly. To me it is soothing, easy on the eye and calming and the cream itself is not harsh or full of chemicals and perfumes, soothing and cooling upon application. Plus the fact that it is in a tub is great as I find that a lot of product is wasted in tubes or bottles if you cannot manage to squeeze it all out, whereas here you just need to dig it all out with a finger! So your money goes a lot further too which is good. 
In terms of application, it is thicker than a lotion but softer and easier to apply than a body butter, so it was perfect for me. I normally get a small amount (about the size of large grape) for each body part and that seems to cover it well but also allow it all to soak in quickly. When I say soak in quickly I mean once you have finished applying it over your body it will have all soaked in and your skin will be dry but will feel so much softer and nourished! 
Going back to what the product claims to do, I think that this cream really does keep your skin moisturised all day and sometimes even more! I can be so bad with my skincare routines so sometimes I do skip days but when I come back to it I notice that my skin still feels smooth and nourished even after showering and working all day, so that is definitely what makes me love this so much as some creams seem to lose their effect after a few hours and I find myself having to top up a lot more often, so it is great that I don't have to do that with this one. 
I have quite sensitive skin and I am starting to find that I cannot use certain creams that have too many perfumes or chemicals in them because I come out in a bad rash, however I have had no issues with this one and I have been using it for probably 5 months now which is a good sign haha. Although it does have it's own light scent, it is gentle on the skin and is more soothing than anything else. 
What I also love about this product is that it isn't sticky and doesn't sit on the skin like some creams do which causes your clothes to cling to you and is just a complete uncomfortable mess. Instead, it really does soak right in leaving your skin smooth, soothed and moisturised. It is also suitable for vegetarians and vegans and is recognised as a cruelty free product as Superdrug is against animal testing. 
So, as you can probably tell I am loving this product! It is doing wonders for my skin and I am definitely going to be a loyal customer. It is currently selling for £2.99 in Superdrug stores so if you like the sound of it then I would definitely recommend getting your hands on one! 

xx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© PaulaMarie | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig